Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Close look at the house exterior

Our site supervisor sent me a SMS telling he's estimating another week and half work before the painters can come back for some up touch ups and house be ready for the PCI.

I had a close look at the house exterior checking for any potential issue in preparation of the PCI. I found a few issues, most of which are minor things or just incomplete work at this stage. One worry though is a crack in the brickwork over the garage. This should not be there and I suppose will be rectified.

I also noticed some kind of "wet" patches over a number of bricks. I am not sure weather this is a problem or just a normal colour variation. I have sent an email to Austral Brick for review. Let's see what they will say.

 The lintel over the garage door is visible through the brickwork. I think it should be hidden by the mortar.
 The crack over the garage (click the image to zoom in). It runs over 4 1/2 brick courses.
 Plaster lining in the Portico is not neat in that corner.
 A nail left in the mortar.
 "Wet" patches over some bricks. Is this normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment