Wednesday, 27 April 2011

The roof is already done!

After Thigee posted a comment yesterday telling the roof looked almost completed I decided to have a look for myself. What a surprise! During Good Friday and Tuesday Metricon have almost completed the main roof. I think the next step will be washing the bricks before putting the cladding.

As the electrical works will start soon I contacted Metricon's electrical contractor (Vaccaro Group) to check with them if I would be able to supply my own exhaust fans. Indeed during the electrical appointment, back in September 2010, I asked if I could have DrafStoppa exhaust fans in lieu of the standard fans. Those fans have a mechanism sealing the vents when the fan is not in use, thus reducing energy wasting drafts. Vaccaro does not offer this particular fan but the electrical consultant said I could always supply my own fan to the electrician on site. Of course before ordering the fans (we need 6 of them) I want to make sure the electrician agrees. I have yet to hear back from them...

Enough writing, here are the roof photos:


3 comments:

  1. Doesn't surprise me they worked on public holidays - the roofing guys we had were working flat out they had so many jobs to do! Excellent news for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great guys! yeah, we saw your roofing guys working on holiday Tuesday.. :)) there were 2 of them on site on a public holiday! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi again!! looks like metricon is doing a great job in ur site guys!! i was sorting the bin this morning and saw ceilings being installed!! :))

    ReplyDelete