Monday, 16 May 2011

DiLorenzo - Another Issue

Today I received a phone call from DiLorenzo, Metricon's tiles supplier. We are facing yet another problem with our tile selection. Hopefully it won't be too much of a worry. What happened is that the very nice feature tiles we chose for our ensuite were not in production when we made our selection. Apparently they are being made now but they won't be available before at least 8 weeks. I left a message to our site supervisor to discuss this.

According to my estimate of how the build is likely to progress our tiling would be completed mid-July, which is 8 weeks from now. So if I am right we might be delayed by this tile issue. Let's see what our site supervisor will say...

Apart from that we did our weekend visit to the construction site. There was not much visible progress, at least as seen from the street. Some guy was installing bits of metal where the bottom of cladding will go. I am not sure what these are called: flashing, maybe? The photos might explain this better:

Inspecting the progress
 No much to be seen since last week
Close up of the balcony: eaves are painted, bricks cleaned.

4 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes well with the tiles, can be a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Thigee. It turns out it may be ok as the tiles are now being shipped and should arrive in about 6 weeks (they come from Italy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christophe, Vaccarro the electricians were over there this morning, looks like they are doing the air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I know. I was there too early morning (to give the extraction fans for the electrician). More on this on my next post...

    ReplyDelete